The club we call 2d6 Lodge has been opened for all gamers and hobbyists in and around Cambridge who are looking to find a place where they can gather to play their favourite games, have discussions with fellow gamers, build and paint models, or just meet up with people for a chat.
All information regarding 2d6 Lodge is listed below, and as time goes by this may be further updated, but until then all relevant information is gathered here!
2d6 Lodge is open every Friday from 7pm-10pm in Drama Studio One (to the left of main reception) at:
Queen Edith’s Way,
£3.50 per evening for gamers
- We only collect a fee from you if you’re actually playing a game
- Payment received by club Admins
- Advance payments available if wanted (just ask us for details!)
- All penny of the funds received go towards the hire of the venue and the running of the club!
All gaming systems are welcome!
Gaming tables can be booked in advance.
Painting and modelling table available at a reduced rate of £2! Water will be provided, but you must bring your own painting equipment and tools.
- Six Wargaming tables (6×4 feet for 40K, Fantasy, Warmachine, etc.) can be booked
- This gives us gamers two hours to set up and play and a little time in between to tidy up for the next gamers!
- Book early via our 2d6 Lodge Facebook page to avoid disappointment!
- More wargaming tables will be made available if there is regular demand!
- Smaller tables are also available for games not requiring 6×4 feet of tablespace!
Separate tables will be available for card games.
Free parking is available. There is more parking towards the back of the school, but the gate there is locked at 7pm, so please be aware of this if using the extra parking!
The Cambridge number 1 and 2 buses drop off very close to the school entrance. The number 1 (Citibus) stops directly outside of the school; the number 2 bus at the end of Queen Edith’s Way, which the junction of Wolfstan Way (just a short five minute walk from the school).
The 2d6 Lodge club is run by six administrators (two of whom are staff from Netherhall school).
Membership is £3.50 for three months, and this give you one night entry for free!
Fire safety. Extinguishers and exits are all in place and routinely monitored.
No smoking on the premises. You must exit the school gates, but these are within an easy distance of the gaming hall (Once you are past the school sign on the main footpath, you are off the school premises!)
Food and drink is not allowed in the gaming hall. There is a small area still inside the building, if people want to stay in the warm, but it is still possible to eat outside of the gaming hall.
Toilets are available: Male, Female and Disabled. Please use the appropriate toilet.
Tuck shop available with items 50p each.Eight gaming tables available, with terrain.
Anyone younger 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent (plus a contact number).
Book club/discussion is available, if the demand is there.
Future trips can be planned. For example, Warhammer World, Games Day, Salute, etc.
Campaigns to be planned (Heresy, Fantasy Legends, Warmachine, etc.)
Regular tournaments are organised through the club.
Practice and advice/tips on games for preparations for official tournaments or general gaming.
Sponsorship of other clubs around Cambridgeshire.